Samstag, 5. Februar 2022

Toxic Positivity

I tried this type of thing as a kid to teen in church. Since then it seemed uninteresting to me. I experience whatever and see how that changes if I change stimulus like sport. nutrition, meditation. The idea seems really " American" to me. Films need a happy end for example. This has historical reasons as generally speaking America has had a positive, expansive trajectory. Elsewhere, where history is thousands of years old, bad times have come and gone in equal measure with good times. Learning balance is therefore not just an individual response but a societal ome. Tulip Mania and endless asset bubbles on Wall Street bolstered while ignoring a declining real economy are examples of dysfunctional thinking positively, unrealistically.

 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen