Montag, 26. Februar 2024

On Getting Older


I lost a couple centimeters and noticed changes in my last passport photo and some greying and a couple lost teeth though thanks to nutrition and sport my fitness level seems good. I wonder when totally wrinkled skin, all white hair, awkward movement, forgetfulness will kick in. I think I am middle aged at 59 but I wonder when old age comes. My wife showed me a photo of two former sports stars and asked me to guess their ages. The older looking guy was actually about 61 and the 79 year old didn't look so bad. So the gray haired wrinkly one was a big drinker. My wife, a nurse with appropriate experience, and I discussed how our generation is undisciplined compared to older people. So external choices can make a huge difference in aging.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen