Donnerstag, 5. November 2020

Alan Watts - Sudden Enlightenment

 

I just started listening to this but the title intrigues me due to meditation experiences showing an opening in a new direction slowly. Watts is great fun listening to. I find meditation is like yoga or mental sport, a muscle training, but brain and head chakras. My focus gets stronger. I imagine the brain wave fluctuations are smoothing out as spaces between thoughts get slowed down. Typical emotional patterns we have developed are seen as our personality. We get sad, angry, happy, hungry, curious, have sex drive all in a repeat loop pattern and after certain predictable stimulus. Break that pattern by controlling the observer, seemingly the third eye, then all that goes away. Patterns get evened out and we are not subject to ' personality' trained through environment, past lives, genetics, horoscope. I find my third eye strengthening as if I were doing weight lifting. In intermittent fasting after a few dys one' s insulin evens out and hunger during fasting time is gone. I think the same happens here. Stimulus, thoughts, feelings are like sugar quick fixes. Once that smooths out then decisions can be made easily. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen