Dienstag, 23. August 2022

Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn



Put on my blue suede shoes

And I boarded the planeTouched down in the land of the Delta BluesIn the middle of the pouring rainW.C. Handy, won't you look down over me?Yeah, I got a first class ticketBut I'm as blue as a boy can be
Then I'm walking in MemphisWas walking with my feet ten feet off of BealeWalking in MemphisBut do I really feel the way I feel?
Saw the ghost of ElvisOn Union AvenueFollowed him up to the gates of GracelandThen I watched him walk right throughNow security they did not see himThey just hovered 'round his tombBut there's a pretty little thingWaiting for the KingDown in the Jungle Room
When I was walking in MemphisI was walking with my feet ten feet off of BealeWalking in MemphisBut do I really feel the way I feel?
They've got catfish on the tableThey've got gospel in the airAnd Reverend Green be glad to see youWhen you haven't got a prayerBut, boy, you've got a prayer in Memphis
Now Muriel plays pianoEvery Friday at the HollywoodAnd they brought me down to see herAnd they asked me if I wouldDo a little numberAnd I sang with all my mightShe said"Tell me are you a Christian child?"And I said "Ma'am, I am tonight"
Walking in Memphis(Walking in Memphis)Was walking with my feet ten feet off of BealeWalking in Memphis(Walking in Memphis)But do I really feel the way I feel?
Walking in Memphis(Walking in Memphis)I was walking with my feet ten feet off of BealeWalking in Memphis(Walking in Memphis)But do I really feel the way I feel?
Put on my blue suede shoesAnd I boarded the planeTouched down in the land of the Delta BluesIn the middle of the pouring rainTouched down in the land of the Delta BluesIn the middle of the pouring rain

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen