Samstag, 25. Februar 2023

Gun Fu


I was thinking of the scenes in MI2 where Hunt turns circularly like a kung fu fighter and landed by director John Woo. I thought of this type of movement as Friday at work my complete flexibilty, agility, muscle control was very apparent like in tai chi but in every action. With control over feet, ankles, hips like someone who had been training since childhood it seems. Then walking outside afterwards I sensed power and control like when one has hiked for many hours and strides forcefully. This comes likely from my explosive energy experiences from meditation among other things which brings the energy deep into the muscles all the way down the limbs. I felt decades younger. No bitching about work, just flowthrough, twist, turn, dance. It seems that martial arts, yoga and energy work do create rejuvenation, explosive control. As a part timer and not part of one of those years long since youth kung fu schools in Asia it took me decades to really catch this.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen