Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2020

Meditation and Yoga Similarities?

 When you do a long, slow static stretch(no flows here) you breathe deeply, slowly and may feel tingling and have to concentrate hard to hold the position correctly till it is right and you feel maximally stretched to where you perhaps never reached before. Meditation can be similar. I sit, keep feeling my body, concentrating, being quiet and some movements literally are difficult stretches or holds which must be concentrated on to be maintained, i.e. leg and arm position or if you do kechari mudra( tongue to palate) or use your eyes(stare at tip of nose or upwards). Meditation is not just mental and yoga is not just physical sport. Both need physical and mental focus, stamina, patience. So asanas are a form of meditation and meditation is an asana. I had always such trouble with understanding meditation as a mental practice which bored me or since some years( kundalini overload) taxed my nervous system. Now I understand it much better as part of the whole yoga system. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen