Sonntag, 11. April 2021

Knee Strength, Meditation Pose

 I recall reading about how Asians would sit cross legged generally while eating. Articles discussed how this aided women in strengthening their pelvis, so that their hips were strong, flexible in old age, whereas chair sitting in the West had led to weakening of these muscle groups. I have been doing regular meditation, cross legged for 6 months, most days, 45 minutes long. Early on I had circulation problems and had to stretch out my left leg. Nowadays that is no problem. I think that my knees are well stretched with excellent circulation and I notice at work where I clean that I have little trouble with balance or strength while squatting. It seems improved and leg strength, flexibility. Also in this time energy flow through legs, hips, pelvis has improved markedly, allowing for greater energy flow in main chakras of upper body as outlet for grounding has increased. Also another idea which occurred to me is that as in Chinese martial arts, the center of consciousness is lower in the belly, dian tien, whereas in the West it might be perceived as being in the heart or the forehead( Jesus, Einstein). By sitting cross legged always we are closer to the earth, more flexible, can dance, move more readily and are not fixated on emotion or intellect. Good or bad in this is a matter of speculation, but posture, culture and civilizational direction are connected certainly.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen