Freitag, 29. Oktober 2021

Inner Beauty

Leaves strew the sidewalk like a wet carpet of brown and yellow beneath my feet

Like your disheveled dark blonde hair as you climb out of bed by sunrise

The pink on the horizon turns to a glistening arrow burning my brain

Much as your deep gaze penetrates my consciousness,

First warming my heart then cutting through to my bones

Warming me gradually just like the rising sun its work performs

The curves of your figure violate my weak sensibilities 

Seducing me after your orbs have turned their glance aside

Connecting our figures sensually in unity from part to part

Without the effort of integrating our forms as one on this gross plane

How often you have altered moods expressing through unique mimicry

The subtlety of your spirit' s contents

And posing oh so slightly differently as you grew into the confidence

You have gained by the many eyes casting their love upon you as mine

Just as the sun must have been once new and shy became 

Brighter knowing we depended on its graces for our sustenance

So your inner light outshines every external attempt to increase or decrease

Through the artifice of beauty learnt by the weaker sex


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen