Mittwoch, 12. Mai 2021

Bodybuilding Another Way

 What I always despised I am becoming slowly, the bodybuilder. The self control, anger, strong body and muscle consciousness. This comes as energy goes deeper into arms and legs from shoulders and hips allowing greater control in handstands, splits. This energy then fills my body, neck, shoulders, arms and I stand confidently like a mean street fighter with a grimace. Usually yoga is seen as girly gymnastics. I avoid ' brainless' repetitive calisthenics and particularly weights as being anti-intellectual, despising behaviors of older siblings who were not college oriented, while I was the soft book worm. I have however long since noticed how life balances out in people over time. Soft shy people learn hard sports and extroversion while young athletic partygoers adapt to reading, college courses and loving solitude in their adult years. Really a hyperactive preschooler, lifting weights at 16 and similar maxes out on such behavior and it bores. Similarly it seems after reading lit, politics, science, philosophy that my intellectual curiosity has gotten satiated and that my practical body consciousness is coming to the fore. The energy from kundalini is intense. It can make people crazy. Properly handled it works through one' s system, neurons, gets rid of neurotic memories. It seems if used long enough it aids in physical and personality transformation. Without muscle bulk I am becoming strong and wiry as if I grew up on a farm with long hours from childhood. The veins pop out all over my arms and hands as on a gnarly old tree. Physics says now that, like in advaita vedanta, consciousness, not matter is the key element. Consciousness is tranfered into physical reality via energy over the nerves, tendons, muscles. Physical change takes a long time from imagination or dream to realization. From 98 lb weakling to Mr. Atlas is a long haul. It seems the gym is not the only path. Labouring jobs with endless repetition strengthening the whole body plus intense yoga, tai chi, energy practices, low carb diets and intermittent fasting can make the body like that of a wild animal, in survival mode, without damaging intellectual capabilities, my prejudices notwithstanding.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen