Montag, 10. August 2020

Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi pdf download

 https://www.holybooks.com/talks-sri-ramana-maharshi/


I have the hardback but it is nice to read on tablett. I notice I feel his energy. 20 years or more ago as I first got interested in yoga I just thought he was incomprehensible. In fact his statements sound like Einstein talking. He seems to have physically realized what Einstein only theorized in his head. Being pisces my basic talent seems to slip into other's skins physically, reading authors or similar. I did that with Virginia Woolfe's stream of consciousness in high school and it has become my main spiritual technique today. Luckily Ramana Maharshi's birthday, 30th December is same as my Dad's so I get his vibes easily. Aurobindo's birthday is 15th August, almost identical with my wife's birthday.  So I catch his energies easily too. Luck I guess? Gurdijeff I just can't stand reading OTOH. Maybe I should try again. If he was a quack or enlightened I might feel it better now. 

one page from the text

D.:Which time is most suitable for meditation?

M.: What is time?

D.: Tell me what it is!

M.: Time is only an idea. There is only the Reality Whatever you 

think it is, it looks like that. If you call it time, it is time. If you 

call it existence, it is existence, and so on. After calling it time, you 

divide it into days and nights, months, years, hours, minutes, etc. 

Time is immaterial for the Path of Knowledge. But some of these 

rules and discipline are good for beginners.

D.: What is Jnana Marga?

M.: Concentration of the mind is in a way common to both Knowledge 

and Yoga. Yoga aims at union of the individual with the universal, 

the Reality. This Reality cannot be new. It must exist even now, 

and it does exist.

Therefore the Path of Knowledge tries to find out how viyoga 

(separation) came about. The separation is from the Reality only.

D.: What is illusion?

M.: To whom is the illusion? Find it out. Then illusion will vanish.

Generally people want to know about illusion and do not examine 

to whom it is. It is foolish. Illusion is outside and unknown. But 

the seeker is considered to be known and is inside. Find out what 

is immediate, intimate, instead of trying to find out what is distant 

and unknown.

D.: Does Maharshi advise any physical posture for the Europeans?

M.: It may be advisable. However, it must be clearly understood that 

meditation is not prohibited in the absence of asanas, or prescribed 

times, or any accessories of the kind.

D.: Does Maharshi have any particular method to impart to the 

Europeans in particular?

M.: It is according to the mental equipment of the individual. There 

is indeed no hard and fast rule.

Mr. Evans-Wentz began to ask questions, mostly relating to Yoga 

preliminaries, for all of which Maharshi replied that they are aids to 

Yoga, which is itself an aid to Self-realisation, the goal of all.

end quote - as you see he sounds mad as a hatter or eminently practical or both at the same time. 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen